Kuwait City, 16th November 2020:
Kuwait ready for return of domestic workers, iiQ8, Q8 News, indianinQ8
COVID-19: Kuwait puts measures in place for return of domestic workers. 10,000 domestic workers with valid residency to return to Kuwait
Kuwait City: After the Cabinet of Ministers allowed for the return of domestic workers, the concerned authorities in Kuwait are preparing for the arrival of around 10,000 domestic workers, Al Rai reported.
Only those with valid residency permits will be allowed to return to Kuwait.
A source told Al Rai that the majority of the domestic workers that are looking to return to Kuwait are from India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Indonesia, all of which are countries that are on the ban list.
According to the source, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has been coordinating with KuwaitAirways and Jazeera Airways and have finalized the preparations needed for those looking to return to Kuwait.
Those returning from abroad will have to follow several procedures, one of which is institutional quarantine (most likely at a hotel) for duration between seven to 10 days, the source added.
On Thursday, the Ministerial Committee for the COVID -19 emergencies tasked the DGCA to provide them with a comprehensive plan and timetable within a week. In addition, the Ministry of Health will be presenting the DGCA with all the required health requirements and regulations that passengers will need to adhere to.
BANNED LIST :-
Several domestic workers have been stranded abroad due to the travel ban imposed on 34 countries.
The travel ban was first announced on August 1, hours after the Kuwait airport resumed commercial travel, and originally included 31 countries. Then in August, Afghanistan was added to the list.
Currently, the travel ban is imposed on 34 countries, after the government added France, Argentina and Yemen to the list, and removed Singapore.
- Kuwait ready for return of domestic workers, iiQ8, Q8 News, indianinQ8
- Indian Kuwait pack moving service 66756002
- Removing building violations in Bneid Al-Gar within 4 to 6 months, iiQ8
- 15th November, Sunday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- No work permit over 60 years in Kuwait, iiQ8, Effect from 1st Jan 2020
- 14th November, Saturday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Wish You Happy Diwali !, iiQ8, indianinQ8 wishes
- Plans for return of domestic workers, iiQ8, Kuwait Plans to bring workers
- 13th November, Friday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Ambassador Supermarkets Super Sale, iiQ8, Order Online
- Highway Center, Kuwait Diwali Offers, iiQ8, Promotions Diwali Highyway
- Mega Mart, Kuwait Best promotions, till 18th November, iiQ8
- 12th November, Thursday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- 7 Days hotel quarantine for those returning from 34 banned countries, iiQ8
- LuLu Hypermarket Promotions, iiQ8, Deals Lulu, Offers Till 17 November