SAP Client Creation (SCC4) & Logical system (BD54) in SAP
Step1 : –
Create Logical system for new client
What is logical System in SAP ?
Logical system enables the system to recognize the target system as RFC (Remote Function Call) destination. Logical system is required for communication between systems within the landscape. You need a logical system when you create a new client in SAP.
T-Code to create Logical System in SAP isBD54
Logical System is transportable.
How to create Logical System in SAP ?
1. Run transaction code BD54. Click on pencil iconto covert from display to change view. Then, click on New Entries.
2. Use the following naming convention for the logical system names,
Save your entries, which are included in a transport request. Create the logical system name for the central system in all child systems.
For example, if your new client number is 500and SID (System ID) if P10 then logical system will be,
Step2 : –
Create New client in SCC4
How to create a new SAP client?
You have finished your SAP Installation and want to use your SAP system as your users work area. Before you are able to use it you have to create a client in your SAP system. It’s part of SAP Basis tasks to create SAP client.
A SAP client is and independently accountable business unit. Each client is identified by a three-figure number. In the standard system, SAP delivers the following pre-configured clients:
Ø 000 : for administration purposes and as a template for additional clients
Ø 001: for test purposes and as a template for additional clients.
Ø 066: for SAP Remote Services
Users and their configurations can only work in their configuration’s assigned client. Creating your own clients is one of the first steps in customizing a SAP system.
A client is created in two steps:
1. Make the new client known to the SAP system, and make important basic settings.
2. Fills the client with data.
After that you can use your SAP client.
1. To make a new client from
SAP Menu -> Tools -> Administration -> Administration -> Client Administration
SAP Transaction code SCC4 – Client Maintenance.
SAP Client Maintenance – SCC4
2. It will bring you to initial screen of SAP Client Maintenance. Click New Entry to make new SAP Client, choose Continue
Create new SAP Client
3. Enter your Client Data & logical system which we have created in step1
4. Save and make sure your new client is created.
New SAP Client created
NOTE: If the client role is production then the settings should be as follows:
i. No changes allowed
ii. No changes to repository and cross client
iii. Protection level -1 – No overwriting
iv. eCATT & CATT Not Allowed
T000 – Table stores all the list of created clients
Step3 : –
• Login to the SAP system using client 000 or 001
• Hit the transaction code ‘RZ10′
• Click Utilities and click import profiles
• Click back (F3)
• Place the cursor at profile and click f4
• Double click on Default profile
• Select the Extended maintenance and click change
• Click Parameter (Create F5)
• Place the cursor at parameter name and click F4
• Click a small triangle shape which is available on top of the
• Type *login* and hit enter
• Double click on ‘login/no_automatic_user_sapstar’
• Type the parameter value as ’0′
• Click ‘Copy’ Tab and click back (F3)
• Click ‘Copy’ Tab again to transfer The changed profile
• Click Back (F3)
• Click Save, Click back and Click Yes to activate the profile
• Log out from the SAP system
• Stop the SAP System
• Start the SAP System
• Now try to login as sap* and Password as ‘pass’
• Now you should be able to login to newly created client
using virtual user temporarily before doing client copy.