Kuwait City, 1st December 2020:
Return to Kuwait from 7th December, iiQ8, Quarantine Fee 270 KD.
Return of Domestic Workers from 7th December; KD 270 quarantine fee
The Cabinet has approved a plan for the return of domestic workers beginning Dec 7. The logistical services will be provided for KD 270 for a single worker without the travel ticket to cover costs of housing and meals during the quarantine period, according to social media reports.
The Cabinet held on Monday its weekly session, chaired by His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah. After the meeting, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Interior and Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Anas Al-Saleh said that Minister of Health Dr Sheikh Bassel Al-Sabah briefed the meeting on the latest development concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Kuwait.
The Deputy Prime Minister, Head of the Committee in charge of preparing and organizing the parliamentary election for the sixteenth legislative term, stressed that all the final preparations had been fully taken. The Cabinet discussed the domestic workers’ return plan, in light of an explanation provided by the Minister of State for Services Affairs about the details of this plan as all legal procedures have been fulfilled, all approvals have been taken from the regulatory authorities, and the detailed steps for implementing the plan have been fixed for Dec 7.
The Cabinet examined the recommendations of the Economic Affairs Committee meeting regarding the financial observer office report for the fiscal year 2019-20, including a briefing by its chairman, the Minister of Social Affairs and the State Minister for Economic Affairs, on means to address the deficiencies mentioned in the various government agencies.
The Cabinet assigned its ministers to monitor observations recorded by the Financial Supervisory Authority on its affiliated bodies, and to take the necessary measures against those who prove their negligence or in violation.
It also assigned the Civil Service Commission, in coordination with the Ministry of Finance, the Financial Observers Authority and the authorities it deems appropriate, to carry out several matters. These include linking the renewal of the positions of senior officials to clear measurement performance indicators, which measure the extent of compliance with financial laws and instructions, the extent of compliance with the requirements of the development plan and the number and type of violations recorded by authorities.
Also, reassessing texts regulating administrative and financial work, taking into consideration the public interest and safeguarding state funds, along with a commitment to prevent the appointment of officials in financial affairs, who lack the sufficient expertise.
The Cabinet also discussed the committee’s recommendations regarding the Ministry of Finance’s request to transfer COVID-19 state quarantine and meal expenses to the budget of the Ministry of Health, with the Cabinet deciding that the Ministry of Finance would continue to bear these costs, in coordination with the Ministry of Health. It also allowed the Ministry of Health to use the Kuwait International Fairgrounds, during the pandemic, free of charge for the matter.
Source – Arab Times
- Return to Kuwait from 7th December, iiQ8, Quarantine Fee 270 KD.
- Contact Help Desk Indian Embassy in Kuwait for Travel Docs, iiQ8
- 30th November, Monday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- 29th November, Sunday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- New ATM charges from next month, iiQ8, Additional Bank Charges
- The life of an Expatriate in Kuwait, iiQ8, indianinQ8
- 28th November, Saturday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Grand Hyper Market Offers, iiQ8, Kuwait Grand Deals Weekly Promotions
- 70000 Expats to leave Kuwait in 2021, iiQ8, As no renewal for above 60Years
- Free COVID Vaccines for Expats, Kuwait Residents, iiQ8
- The Best & Worst Cities for Expats in 2020, iiQ8, Salmiya listed as worst city
- 27th November, Friday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Indian Govt. Extends flights suspension till 31st December 2020, iiQ8
- Holiday notice for 30th November 2020 in Kuwait, iiQ8, Indian Embassy in Kuwait
- 26th November, Thursday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19