Kuwait City, 8th December 2020:
All set for return of domestic workers from 14th December, iiQ8, Returning to Kuwait
The electronic platform “in safety” began work on Monday to officially organize procedures for the return of domestic workers to Kuwait, reports Al-Anba daily.
Official sources said the National Aviation Services Company (NAS) is all set to start working the platform at 3:00pm on Monday, as the first flight returning domestic workers from India will be launched on the 14th of this month. They mentioned that the platform is smooth in dealing with five steps, through which the sponsor registers the name of the work, civil ID number, and determines the day and country from which the domestic worker is coming, then pays the fees.
The same sources said the Council of Ministers has set a fee of 270 dinars, but the airfare varies from one country to another, as it is 110 dinars from India, 145 dinars from Sri Lanka Bangladesh and Nepal, and 220 dinars from the Philippines. Moreover, 58 residential buildings have been allocated with all public services for quarantine, including private housing for women and private housing for men, distributed according to nationalities.
It is expected that 80,000 travelers will be arriving in Kuwait over the next four months and only 600 passengers will be received each day, provided that they’re institutionalized for a period of 14 days with the provision of housing designated for quarantine and accompanying services, in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry Health, including transportation and housing in separate residential buildings, three meals, cleaning services, security guarding, and all public services.
In addition, those in charge of organizing and coordinating the plan for the return of domestic workers allowed the sponsor the freedom to choose the mode of travel of his domestic worker, whether direct flight to Kuwait or through an intermediary country (transit), while the cost was reduced from 550 Kuwaiti dinars to 270 Kuwaiti dinars per person in order to provide economically competitive prices and ensure direct access of domestic workers to Kuwait.
Source – Arab Times
- All set for return of domestic workers from 14th December, iiQ8, Returning to Kuwait
- 7th December, Monday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Thematic Library Collection in Kuwait, Introducing Books on India series, iiQ8
- India CoronaVirus Updates, State-wise details COVID19 cases (till 7 Dec., 8 AM)
- 6th December, Sunday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Kuwait election results 2020, Big changes, all-male new parliament, iiQ8
- Collection of Travel Documents from Indian Embassy, iiQ8
- Registration for Indian Professionals Network (IPN), iiQ8, Indian Embassy
- 5th December, Saturday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- 4th December, Friday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- 131 Flights to India from Oman, iiQ8, December Flights, VBM 8+
- 553 Flights to India from UAE, iiQ8, December Flights, VBM 8+
- 36 Flights to India from Qatar, iiQ8, December Flights, VBM 8+
- December Flights to India from Bahrain, iiQ8, latest Flights, VBM 8+
- 3rd December, Thursday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19