Learn simple practices – Simha Kriya and Sashtanga – designed by Sadhguru to boost your immunity and oxygen levels.
Conditions for practice
1. Sashtanga and Makarasana should be done on an empty stomach condition.
That means, leave a gap of at least:
– 4 hours after a full meal
– 2.5 hours after a snack like a fruit or a few biscuits
– 1.5 hours after a beverage like tea or coffee
– Water is ok.
2. Pregnant women should not do Sashtanga and Makarasana. However, they can do Simha Kriya.
Simha Kriya FAQs page – https://isha.sadhguru.org/in/en/simha-kriya/faq
#Sadhguru #BreathingPractice #CovidSymptoms
Yogi, mystic and visionary, Sadhguru is a spiritual master with a difference. An arresting blend of profundity and pragmatism, his life and work serves as a reminder that yoga is a contemporary science, vitally relevant to our times.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the minimum age one can do it?
2. Is there any upper age limit?
Anyone between the ages of 6 and 70 can practice Simha Kriya.
Those above 70 years of age can also do the practice, but they must do the breathing only 12 times (not 21 times).
The practice is not effective for children below 6 years of age.
3. Who can do the practice?
Anyone can do the practice, including pregnant women, women during their menstrual cycle, and those suffering from chronic ailments or any other medical conditions (like asthma, migraine, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung related diseases, glaucoma, cataract, retinal detachment, hernia, etc.)
People with brain hemorrhage or brain tumor can also do the practice, but they must do the breathing 12 times only (not 21 times).
4. Can pregnant women do the practice?
Yes, pregnant women and women during their menstrual cycle can do the practice.
5. How long should I wait after undergoing surgery before I resume the practice?
Wait for 6 months after a major surgery and 6 weeks after a minor surgery.
6. I am not able to sit on the floor. Can I still attempt the practice?
The practice is more effective when it is done while sitting on the floor. You can make use of cushions or some other padding for the support that will make it easier for you to sit on the floor. However, if it is still too difficult for you to sit on the floor, you can sit on a chair. You can sit with your legs crossed at the ankles and do the practice.
7. How long should I wait after my meal to do this practice?
Do not do the practice immediately after eating. Allow at least 2.5 hours after a meal.
8. Can I eat immediately after the practice?
Yes. You can eat or have a beverage that is at room temperature immediately after practice. Wait 10-15 minutes before consuming something refrigerated.
9. Can I teach someone how to do the practice if they are unable to watch the video?
No. The kriya is a very subtle science. A distilled essence has been presented to you in these challenging times. Yogic practices have the power to transform your life if done properly, so it generally takes years of training to ensure they are imparted in the right way. You can use the video as a device to offer the kriya to others. If you are interested in teaching this and other practices, please contact us to find out more about the Teacher Training Program.
10. Can I take a bath immediately after doing the practice?
After the practice, wait for 15-20 minutes before taking a hot bath and 25-30 minutes before taking a cold bath.
11. How many times a day can I do this practice?
You can do Simha Kriya up to 3 times a day ensuring that you are in a light stomach condition (2.5 hours after a meal) and maintain a gap of at least 4 hours between practicing two kriyas.
Those who are at a higher risk of COVID – who may have more exposure to the virus (medical fraternity, police, etc.) – can do it 3-5 times a day, ensuring to maintain the above conditions.
12. How much time should I maintain between two practices?
Maintain a gap of at least 4 hours between two practices.
13. The practice is very powerful. Can I increase the count beyond 21 (and do 42, 63, etc.)?
No. It is very important to do the practice exactly as instructed. Sadhguru says that if you increase the count, it may cause serious damage to the system.
14. Can I do more cycles of 21 counts in one sitting (say 2 or 3 cycles of 21 counts, or more)?
15. If I’m not able to do the breathing 21 times, can I do less?
Yes, you can do it 12 times.
16. Does the head have to be upturned?
Yes. Your head should be slightly upturned.
17. During the last part of holding the breath, should I still be pushing my shoulders up?
18. For the last stage: does the tongue need to be rolled in while holding the breath?
Yes. The tongue needs to be rolled in.
19. For the last stage: can we hold the breath longer than one minute if we are able to?
You can hold it for as long as it is comfortable.
20. I cannot hold my breath for 30 seconds. Can I still do the practice and work towards increasing the duration of holding my breath?
21. Is there any specific order to incorporate this practice with other Isha practices?
There is no specific order.
22. Any guidelines about where to do it and any precautions to take?
There are no specific precautions. Just ensure that the air is clean and the space is clean, hygienic, and well ventilated.
If there are other people in the room, keep sufficient space around you.
23. Can I lie down / do Shavasana after this practice?
Simple Ways to Enhance Immunity and Oxygen Levels, Sadhguru, iiQ8
- Simple Ways to Enhance Immunity and Oxygen Levels, Sadhguru, iiQ8
- 28th April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- 27th April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- All GCC states except Kuwait allow entry of expats, iiQ8
- 26th April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Vaccination Certificate will be Mandatory, iiQ8, 4 Approved Vaccines
- No COVID-19 Vaccine for 190,000 illegal Expats, iiQ8
- 25th April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Vaccines and the diseases they prevent, iiQ8, List of Vaccines
- First day of Eid Al-Fitr 2021, iiQ8, Ramadan 2021 Eid Al Fitr in Kuwait
- iPhones Best price in Grand, iiQ8, iPhones Offers in Kuwait
- 24th April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Kuwait suspends commercial flights from India, iiQ8
- 23rd April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Track your next City Bus arrival , iiQ8, Kuwait Citybus App