Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad takes oath as Kuwait’s 16th Amir
Kuwait City: Wednesday, 30th September, 2020
His Highness the Amir Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah took oath before the National Assembly on Wednesday to become the 16th Amir of the state of Kuwait.
“I swear by Almighty Allah to respect the Constitution and the laws of the State, to defend the libertie s, interests and properties of the people and to safeguard the independence and territorial integrity of the country,” His Highness the Amir, reading Article 60 of the Constitution.
The Amiri Diwan announced passing away of His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, and the Government, holding an extraordinary meeting, named His Highness Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad as Amir of the State of Kuwait.
Source – KUNA
- Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad takes oath as Kuwait’s 16th Amir, iiQ8
- Indian PM Modi mourns HH the Amir as a close friend, deeply saddened, iiQ8
- 40 days mourning, 3 days Halt of Official Work, iiQ8, Kuwait
- MOH authorities warn return of partial curfew is possible, iiQ8
- Embassy of India expresses deepest condolences, iiQ8
- Indian Embassy and Passport Centers will be closed till 2nd October, iiQ8
- Android Users Need to Manually Remove These 16 Infected Apps, iiQ8
- Kuwait Emir Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah passes away, iiQ8
- 29th September, Tuesday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Indian Embassy advised to apply in well advanced, iiQ8