No residency renewal for 68,318 Expats, iiQ8, indianinQ8
Kuwait City, 3rd September, 2020:
The Public Authority for Manpower has begun preparing a database for all those who have reached the age of 60 years and over and who are holders of a high school diploma or lesser or having equivalent certificates.
As per the decision they will be prohibited from issuing, transferring and renewing a work permit, starting from next year.
Total of 68,318 expatriate workers are aged 59 an 60 years old who hold a high school diploma or less. The decision comes within the government’s vision to address demographic imbalances and its impact on the labor market.
Regarding those whose work permit has expired during this period, the clarified that those workers who have reached 59 or 60 yrs of age can renew or transfer only for one year. All procedures will stop from 1 January 2021. This has been done to give workers an opportunity to wrap up their work in Kuwait.
Source : Arab Times
- 2nd September, Wednesday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Grand Hyper Kuwait Offers, iiQ8, Grand Costo Weekly Promotions
- Flights to INDIA from Saudi Arabia, VBM 6, September Flights from KSA, iiQ8
- Flights to INDIA from Dubai, VBM 6, September Flights from UAE, iiQ8
- Flights to INDIA from Abu Dhabi, VBM 6, September Flights from UAE, iiQ8
- COVID-19 vaccine in Kuwait by next summer, iiQ8, Corona Vaccine in Q8
- Flights to INDIA from MUSCAT, Vande Bharat Phase 6, Flights from Oman, iiQ8
- Flights to INDIA from BAHRAIN, Vande Bharat Phase 6, List of Flights to India, iiQ8
- 81 Flights to India from Kuwait in September, iiQ8, Vande Bharat-6
- 1st September, Tuesday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19