Kuwait City, 6th April 2021:
Kuwait renewing residency of some expats above 60 years, iiQ8
Kuwait considers renewing permits of some expats above 60
Some individuals to be exempted; 70,000 set to depart Kuwait this year due to new measure.
Kuwait City: As Kuwait enforces a new policy barring the renewal of work permits for expats above the age of 60 who hold a high school degree or less, it is expected that within the next few weeks, there will be amendments to the decision, local media reported.
It is likely that some expats will be exempt from the decision based on certain criteria.
While the decision is not final, the most likely people who could be exempted are: Those born in Kuwait, or those who have lived in Kuwait for 30 years or more. They will be required have private comprehensive health insurance as well as government insurance, and there could be a special fee for the renewal of a work permit which will be doubled annually and finally there will be coordination with the Ministry of Interior to facilitate transfer of work permits to dependent visas for those who have family in Kuwait.
In terms of the special fee for permit renewal, the Public Authority for Manpower (PAM) recommended that it be set at 3,000 Kuwaiti dinars a month but after push back from the government and civil society organisations the potential fee was set at 2,000 Kuwaiti dinars, which is yet to be approved.
The decision to stop renewing visas for expats has been in effect since the beginning of the year. It is expected that more than 70,000 people are set to depart Kuwait this year as a result of the ban, according to Kuwaiti media.
- Kuwait renewing residency of some expats above 60 years, iiQ8
- 5th April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- 4th April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- 3rd April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- 2nd April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- The Sultan Center Weekly Offers, iiQ8, Sulthan Center promotions
- 1st April 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Costo Supermarket Ramadan Promotions, iiQ8, Ramadan Offers Deals
- Philippine Embassy services suspended in Q8, 1st – 4th April, iiQ8
- LuLu Hypermarket Offers, iiQ8, Lulu April Promotions, Deals lulu
- Entry ban on non-Kuwaitis to continue, iiQ8
- CSC Announces Ramadan Working Hours in Q8, iiQ8
- Partial curfew will continue 7 PM to 5 AM, iiQ8, latest Curfew timing
- Lulu – Ahlan Ramadan Offers, iiQ8, Lulu Hypermarket weekly promotions
- 31st March 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19