Entry ban on non-Kuwaitis to continue, iiQ8

Kuwait City, 1st April, 2021:

Entry ban on non-Kuwaitis to continue, iiQ8

– The council of Ministers, in its meeting today (01.04.2021 – Thursday), decided to continue the ban on entry of non-Kuwaitis to the country until further notice.

Ban on entry of foreigners into Kuwait extended

Medical workers and their families are exempted

Kuwait’s Council of Ministers has approved a decision extending the ban on entry of foreigners to the country until further notice, local media reported.

This means foreign nationals will still not be allowed to enter Kuwait with an exception of few categories. Medical workers and their families as well as diplomats and domestic workers will continue to be allowed to enter the country as per the protocol laid out in the previous ruling.

The move comes as part of Kuwait’s measures taken to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Last month, Kuwait witnessed a record increase in both infections and deaths causing the government to impose a partial curfew and take stricter measures to better contain the spread of the virus.

 


Kuwait extends partial curfew Restrictions set to continue until April 22 in bid to curb infections

The Kuwaiti government has extended a partial curfew, imposed last month to curb COVID-19 infections, until April 22, which coincides with the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

In March, Kuwait declared a month-long partial curfew, which was due to end on April 8 in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19. But the government said the curfew will be extended from next Thursday, April 8, till to April 22, while curtailing the curfew hours.

During the extension period, the curfew will continue daily from 7pm until 5am. “This decision will be revised at that time and after re-evaluation of the epidemiological situation in the country,” the Council of Ministers said in a statement.

Surge in cases
During the curfew time coinciding with the month of Ramadan, people will be allowed three hours for walking in residential areas only without the use of cars daily from 7pm to 10pm. Moreover, the delivery services by restaurants, coffee houses and shopping centres will be allowed daily from 7pm till 3am.

In recent weeks, Kuwait has seen a surge in COVID-19 cases. In March, authorities in Kuwait reported the highest number of cases and COVID-19 related deaths in a single month since the start of the pandemic. They recorded 39,969 cases and 240 COVID-19 related deaths.

Kuwait so far has confirmed a total of 233,521 coronavirus and 1,319 fatalities.


iiQ8 News

Spread iiQ8

April 1, 2021 5:57 PM

141 total views, 1 today