Subscribe for updates!
|State||Al Asimah Governate|
1. Teaching up to 30 students with a varietyof strengths and weaknesses in a self-contained classroom.
2. Understand how each child in the class learns best andthen plan and develop creative teaching and learning activitiesusing the modified Ontario curriculum and the supporting resourcesto effectively teach each child. *Refer to the ‘TeacherFramework for Instructional Practice’ document forfurther expectations.
3. Plan and submit the followingdocuments in a timely manner:
I. Weekly lesson plans tobe posted on Curriculum Trak every Wednesday
II. Longterm plans to be submitted at the end of May each year to theAcademic Coordinator/ Principal/ Vice-Principal.
III.Based on the quarterly assessment calendar, create relevantassessments and implement them in a timely manner.
4.Maintain the following records for each student in the class:
I. Student profile and information from the previousyear.
II. Progress and report card copies.
III. Assessment folder:
• Formative assessments
• Summative assessments.
5. Use ofTechnology:
I. Take daily attendance on the attendancemodule of RenWeb.
II. Post all student behaviourproblems on the behaviour module of RenWeb. This is important totrack all issues concerning students with behaviour problems.
III. Use the classroom smart board as an effectiveinteractive teaching tool.
IV. Check out the iPads fromthe library to do class research, reading and MAP testing (Sep andApril each year).
6. Maintaining professionalcompetence through in-service professional development activitiesprovided by the school. The literacy coach is available in schooland does regular walkthroughs to help improve learning and allstaff are encouraged to ask for her help.
7. Ensureeffective classroom management: Enlist the help of the socialworker to understand how to effectively manage the classroom sothat learning can happen. Corporal punishment or abuse of any kindis against the school policy.
8. Attend allmeetings:
I. Monthly staff meetings after school
II. Curriculum review meetings
III. Quarterly‘Students of concern’ meetings
IV.Any other meeting
9. Maintaining high standard ofclassroom and corridor displays which reflects the work of thestudents.
10. Afterschool intervention program:Students who have trouble reading, writing or understanding any ofthe strands being taught should be given additional support throughthe mandatory afterschool intervention program. This is the onlyway to ensure that the ‘Student Goals’ for theclass are achieved.
11. Plan and implement field tripswhich are linked to the curriculum. Plans should reach thePrincipal’s secretary 2 weeks prior to the date.
12. Teachers are expected to participate in at least onecommittee, all parent engagement activities, all weekly schoolassemblies and all school events.
13. Supporting othermembers of the faculty during short leaves of absence.
14. Ensure effective communication:
I. All staff areexpected to read and comply with the morning memos sent by theprincipal every morning.
II. Use the support of theEducational Assistant/ ESL teacher to connect with eachchild’s parents. Written reminders, positive successes ofstudents and requests for a meeting can all be written in thestudent communication books.
III. Send monthly classnewsletters to parents after getting the approval of the VP: thiskeeps parents up-to-date on the work and upcoming events.
IV. Communicate effectively with the social worker to monitorthe progress of students identified as ‘Students atrisk’ or ‘Students of academicconcern’.
Search Classified Ads
Popular Ads Today
- Q8 vacancy for Payroll Officer, Warehouse Supervisor, iiQ8jobs, indianinq8 (2 views)
- GET YOUR LOAN SANCTIONED WITHIN 24 HOURS (2 views)
- IT Executive, Q8 Alghanim Industries, iiQ8, India Job Vacancy (1 views)
- LOAN FOR EXPATS APPLY NOW (1 views)
- Pattern Master PRINCIPALIA MANAGEMENT AND PERSONNEL CONSULTANTS, INC (1 views)
- Multiple job vacancies in Cambridge English School, Kuwait – iiQ8 jobs (1 views)
- Multiple job vacancies in Kuwait Career Network, Q8, iiq8 jobs, indianinq8 (1 views)
- We give out LOAN at 3% interest of any amount (1 views)
- Al Babtain Group is looking for Salesman, iiQ8jobs, IndianInQ8, iik (1 views)