Subscribe for updates!
|State||Al Asimah Governate|
We are a diverse and fully-distributed teamfrom around the world, working toward our shared vision to raisethe standard of trust online.
Join our team as aremote Director, Frontend,assisting DuckDuckGo in growing a team of Frontend Engineersdedicated to building world-class privacy products.
This role offers a unique opportunity to make an impactwith hands-on technical leadership alongside mentorshipresponsibilities. DuckDuckGo seeks to tailor all positions to anindividual’s unique blend of strengths and careergoals.
As part of our growing team, you willcollaborate with team members at all levels to identify and closemajor gaps in our products. Examples of projects you might work oninclude: expanding and improving content blocking within ourextensions, running experiments to measure and improve theusability of the search engine, and taking ownership of productverticals (e.g. local search) on the main Search Resultspage.
We empower our team to be self-directedand self-motivated in their work. If you’d thrive in thatenvironment, and our core values resonate with you —build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction— you’ll fit right in!
What you will do:
- Lead projects from proposal throughpostmortem, assessing vague problems, proposing high impactsolutions, and executing them against a set of successcriteria.
- Participate in the full developmentcycle: technical design, implementation, QA, review, andrelease.
- Lead a team of engineers dedicated tobuilding world-class privacy products, and assist in growing thatteam by hiring and mentoring both engineers and emergingleaders.
- Collaborate with cross-functionalstakeholders in both tactical and strategic capacities.
- Leverage experiments and data to validate your directionand demonstrate the efficacy of your efforts.
- Apply pragmatic reasoning to navigate complex challengesand competing interests.
What we are lookingfor:
- Experienceleading a team of engineers.
- Significantexperience developing large front-end applications with millions ofusers.
- Previous engineering experiencebeyond frontend development.
- Ability toleverage both quantitative and qualitative data and to collaboratewith a cross-functional team to develop effective UXsolutions.
- A fundamental understanding of complex data structuresand algorithms. You can design and implement new solutions andconfidently navigate and improve existing code.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Creative problem solvers and risk takers. You like totake initiative to push projects forward and know when to involveothers.
- Excellent communication skills. Youcan validate your decisions and communicate themclearly.
Other thingsto know:
- While weleverage specific job titles for hiring purposes, we do not usethem internally. Instead, we follow our own professional levels,with expectations for each level clearly defined across severaldimensions.
- We are a small, remote teamdistributed across time zones, and we rely on a variety ofcommunication tools throughout the day. You should feel comfortablewith the intricacies of this type of work situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two timesa year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat(each ~4-5 days).
- We believe in a focusedapproach to collaboration, where individual team members work on asingle top priority at a time, each supporting larger, company-wideobjectives. This philosophy serves to impact our vision to raisethe standard of trust online.
- Our workphilosophy centers on empowered project management. All teammembers have opportunities to run projects.
- Transparency supports individual and team success atDuckDuckGo. We encourage everyone to participate in areas ofinterest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (andshould) ask questions and offer feedback about our products andinternal projects.
- We strive to exemplify ourvalues (build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction)in everything we do.
- While this is a full-timejob, we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours,expecting an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
- We support professional development of our team membersthrough career advisory and a learning stipend, reinforcing ourculture of growth and skill-building.
Search Classified Ads
Popular Ads Today
- ROOM FOR RENT IN MAIDAN HAWALLY (3 views)
- Receptionist, Secretary Jobs in Q8, iiQ8jobs (3 views)
- IT Job in Point-Of-Sale system company, iiQ8 (3 views)
- Job vacancies in Myfatoorah, Q8 job vacancy, iiQ8 jobs, indianinq8 (2 views)
- KOC Kuwait Oil Company urgent requirements – iiQ8 jobs, iik classifieds (2 views)
- Kuwait Construction Company jobs, iiQ8jobs, indianinq8, Kuwait Job Vacancy (2 views)
- Urgent Requirement from Kuwait and India Kuwait job vacancy iiq8 jobs (2 views)
- DELL Tablet, DELL Laptop, Offers, iiQ8 , Promotions Jomla (2 views)
- Coordinator, receptionist, reception supervisor, vacancies, iiQ8jobs (2 views)