How to Disable Automatic Updates in Windows XP & 7
Procedure for Windows XP:
1. Go to Control Panel and click on ‘Automatic Updates’.
2. Click on ‘Turn off Automatic Updates’, click on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
3. Automatic Updates feature is now disabled in Windows XP.
Procedure for Windows 7:
1. Go to Control Panel → System and Security → Action Center → Change Action Center settings → Windows Update settings
2. Select the option ‘Never check for updates’ and click on OK.
Click here to watch youtube video tutorial, step by step procedure
How to Enable and Disable Automatic Updates in Windows XP, Windows 7, windows 8 This video will teach you to disable automatic updates permanently in Windows 7 and Windows XP