Subscribe for updates!
Sr. Business Analyst – Customer Experience & Store Applications
Company: Alghanim Industries
Alghanim Industries is a multibillion-dollar conglomerate with more than 30 businesses and one of the largest privately-owned companies in the Persian Gulf region, predominantly in Kuwait. Its operations spread across 40 different countries.
The role will be based in Kuwait. The person will be part of the Consumer practice, predominantly focusing on the following business units:
– Retail – this business unit includes:
o X-Cite – the largest Electricals retailer in Kuwait
o Safat Home – one of the leading home furnishing brands in Kuwait
– Food & Beverage – this business unit operates the license for the following brands:
o Slim Chickens
Additional business units are part of the Consumer practice, including: Engineering, GTRC, Insurance, Manufacturing and Supply Chain & Distribution.
Alghanim Industries is currently experiencing a transformation that will result in a shift from a “Project based” to a “Product based” organization, in line with the most technology-advanced and agile companies at a global level.
In a product-based organization, employees are grouped around the product they work on, rather than individual roles or attributes, working according to agile methodologies. IT organizations and product developers co-create products and services with the business, rather than simply collecting requirements and executing the projects.
The Sr. Business Analyst will report directly to the Product Owner of Customer Experience & Store Applications, having responsibility for the products across the Consumer practice. The Sr. Business Analyst will support in the launch of new products and in the enhancement of the existing ones, having an end-to-end view of the planned roadmap for the product. This role will also line manage Junior Business Analyst’s within the Digital team.
The Sr. Business Analyst will support in business requirements capture, vendors evaluation and shortlisting, solution design, end-to-end implementation of technology solutions. Some administration activities will also be required to manage the different sprints releases. The Product Owner and their team will be accountable to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and designed to meet their original intention, and that a calculable ROI exists to support product investment.
Furthermore, the Product Owner and their team will agree and share KPIs along with the Business and will be responsible in delivering and improving them, reporting results monthly to a Senior Committee.
The role of the Sr. Business Analyst is business focussed and key aspect will be related to delivering a best-in-class omni-channel consumer experience and ensuring solutions are fit for purpose, future-proof and commercially competitive. Where solutions are non-consumer facing, the focus is on empowering business teams and delivering best-in-class tooling to meet business requirements.
This individual will have good communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a passion for Retail. Strong presentation skills are required, as well as the confidence to manage multiple stakeholders from business teams, IT teams, external vendors and delivery partners. It is expected that the individual is a keen follower of technology trends and can determine potential business value in order to pro-actively suggest ideas to business & IT teams.
- Performing requirements analysis. Develop business requirements into user stories, epics and business requirement documentation as required.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement and developing and implementing solutions ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Design to-be solution including functional design and process design.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Producing deliverables ensuring timing completion.
- Managing vendors and business stakeholders.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Assess potential technology solutions & vendors, developing scorecards and recommendations to business & IT teams.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Support with sprint planning in order to deliver approved backlog of change.
- Engage with other Business Analyst and developers across other functional domains (e.g. Supply Chain) to ensure knowledge sharing. Where applicable, recommend solutions that could benefit other business areas, and vice-versa.
- University degree, ideally from a business or technology discipline.
- 5 years+ experience working as a Business Analyst in the store environment.
- 2 years+ experience of working within retail, with preference for consumer facing brands.
- Experience of facilitating & running workshops (business & IT facing).
- Experience of capturing and documenting business requirements.
- Experience working on agile projects (end-to-end) and traditional waterfall projects.
- Ability to effectively execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts and resolve complex problems.
- Project management experience is preferable.
Search Classified Ads
Popular Ads Today
- ROOM FOR RENT IN MAIDAN HAWALLY (3 views)
- Receptionist, Secretary Jobs in Q8, iiQ8jobs (3 views)
- IT Job in Point-Of-Sale system company, iiQ8 (3 views)
- Job vacancies in Myfatoorah, Q8 job vacancy, iiQ8 jobs, indianinq8 (2 views)
- KOC Kuwait Oil Company urgent requirements – iiQ8 jobs, iik classifieds (2 views)
- Kuwait Construction Company jobs, iiQ8jobs, indianinq8, Kuwait Job Vacancy (2 views)
- Urgent Requirement from Kuwait and India Kuwait job vacancy iiq8 jobs (2 views)
- DELL Tablet, DELL Laptop, Offers, iiQ8 , Promotions Jomla (2 views)
- Coordinator, receptionist, reception supervisor, vacancies, iiQ8jobs (2 views)