Subscribe for updates!
Assistant Manager, Health and Safety
Company: Alghanim Industries
The Health and Safety Assistant Manager will be responsible for the review, development, implementation, and monitoring of Health and Safety management.
- Review and develop all aspects of the Health and Safety policy and SOPs, and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the company
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the company has systems and procedures in place to comply with safety standards and regulations.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular safety audits.
- Ensure that risk assessment and accident management systems are in place, including outreach locations, to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Discuss areas for improvement with relevant staff and/or external bodies and agree appropriate corrective action.
- Assist with fire risk assessments according to an agreed schedule and in line with government requirements.
- Provide company staff with comprehensive and relevant information and training on Health and Safety and procedures, including advising on equipment purchase and workplace practices.
- Maintain the accident and ‘near miss’ database and prepare reports for relevant government authorities when required and report the same to executive management.
- Undertake the planning and implementation of fire drills and other evacuation procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements,e.g. MOI, EPA, KFD.
- Design and deliver training sessions on key areas of company activity in relation to Health and Safety and support the delivery of other training programs,
- Attend regular update training on Health and Safety legislation and the application of key policies in an educational institution and advise company management of key developments and areas for change/improvement.
- Ensure compliance with, and implementation of, all company’s policies and procedures that impact on the delivery of effective Health and Safety.
- 5 – 7 years in the HSE field
- Knowledge of Kuwait Legal Regulations such as EPA
- Valid Driving License
- Confidence, Reliable and Trustworthy
- Excellent technical skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- OSHAS Certified / ISO 45001
- NEBOSH Certified
Search Classified Ads
Popular Ads Today
- Oil and Gas company jobs Kuwait Situation Vacant – Draughtsman(Civil)/QS/QA-QC/Civil Engineer/HSE (3 views)
- Executive Secretary, Secretary, Document Controller (3 views)
- Urgently required Data Entry & Secretary in Kuwait iiq8 job iik vacancies (3 views)
- Job Vacancies in Warba Insurance Kuwait – iiq8 jobs (3 views)
- IT Help Desk Staff required in Diyar, Q8 jobs , IndianInQ8, iiq8 (2 views)
- Job vacancy for Accountant, Nurses, Lab, Data entry part time jobs Kuwait (2 views)
- iiQ8jobs in Aluminum, Building Material company, iiQ8jobs, IndianInQ8 (2 views)
- Accounts Executive, Kuwait Alghanim Vacancy, iiQ8jobs (2 views)
- Job Vacancies Kuwait – URGENTLY REQUIRED (2 views)