KAC220511040540 – Officer Ground Services (Traffic/Baggage Services/Ramp)
|Organization:||Kuwait Airways||Job:||Officer Ground Services (Traffic/Baggage Services/Ramp)|
|Division:||Ground Handling||Employment Type:||Full Time – Permanent|
|Last date of application:||2022-05-26||Country:||Kuwait,|
When Assigned As Officer. Traffic :
i. Checks-in KAC and other carriers’ passengers and baggage at Kuwait Airport check-in counters. Includes checking passenger ticket fare and flight details and passport for validity and visa availability, advising Supervisor of any irregularity thereto. Should know visa requirements for all countries. Hands passport and immigration form duly stamped with flight number to passenger for completion. Secures baggage on the scale, takes weight readings and indicates weight on the ticket. Secures necessary labels (Carriers’, First Class, Handle with Care, etc.) and sticks baggage identification tags on baggage. Sticks tag number on the related ticket, detaches ticket coupons and hands to passenger. Operates conveyor belt to transport baggage to sorting area.
When Assigned As Officer. Ramp :
i. Receives a copy of Loading Instruction Report (LIR) from Load Planner and inspects aircraft to ensure availability of space as specified in the LIR. Includes ensuring the availability of support manpower and ground handling equipment such as, conveyor belts, high loaders, transporters, dollies, Ground Power Units (GPUs), Air Conditioning Units (ACUs), Air Starter Units (ASUs), push backs and ensuring that catering high loaders are serviceable and positioned properly under the aircraft for the safe movement of baggage and cargo to and from the aircraft.
ii. Advises baggage sorting staff of number of Unit Loading Devices (ULDs) i.e. containers and igloos needed for wide-bodied aircraft’s (747, A310-200, etc.). Includes, preparing containers and igloo labels specifying class (First/Economy) and destination and ensuring the ULDs have been labeled accordingly.
When Assigned As Officer. Baggage Services :
i. Receives Property Irregularity Reports ( PIRs ) from Supervisor following time limit expiration (72 hours) for outstation handling of lost baggage incidents. Checks folder to ensure all required documentation is included (Lost Baggage Report, item description, costs and ticket coupons) and verifies lost baggage weights against coupon. Notes missing items for Supervisor’s follow up with originator to obtain any additional or missing information.
ii. Enters details of lost or on-hand baggage into ACTS through S.I.T.A. system, and attempts to locate or match requests accordingly. Includes accessing ACTS system and attempting match according to descending numeric hierarchy of match probability (i.e. first match baggage numbers, second name, third bag description, etc.) and requests baggage from system accordingly. Refers low probability matches to Supervisor.
- High School education, preferably a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2 year’s experience in airport operation with an airline, including Ticketing and airline sales courses, including 1 year of formal training on specialized traffic handling and ticketing.
Good knowledge of English.
Ground Handling Job Vacancy in Kuwait Airways
https://www.indianinq8.com is not responsible for content and makes no warranties or guarantees about the products or services that are published.
Apply on your own risk.
Popular iiQ8 Jobs Today
- American Express is Hiring for Operations Support, Work From Home (8 views)
- Accountant Jobs in Kuwait Company, iiQ8 Jobs (8 views)
- Multiple Jobs in Oil Field Services Qatar, iiQ8 Vacancies (8 views)
- HR, IT Support Jobs in Kuwait, iiQ8 classifieds (7 views)
- Civil and Construction Engineering Jobs Saudi Arabia, iiQ8 Jobs (6 views)
- Administrative Officer, Program Coordinator, Data Scientist, Jobs in Alghanim (6 views)
- Refinery Jobs, Nurse Vacancy, Receptionist and Multiple Jobs Kuwait, iiQ8 (5 views)
- Online Income – Register for free and start (5 views)
- Amity School Dubai Careers For Teaching Staff Latest Jobs (4 views)